Welcome to my World of Letters

'Hearty Welcome to my little world of Letters where I'm spontaneously spilled over in my soliloquies. The thoughts and feelings, expressed over here, are solely mine and they have nothing to do with my profession.'

Sunday, January 23, 2022

My memorable event of life

Do you have any memorable event in your life that always haunts your memory? I do have one, an event that not only left me a scar on my eyebrow but also gave a horrible memory in my life.  I still vividly remember the day whenever I stand in front of the mirror and see the scar on the eyebrow. The incident started as a usual part of life, introduced me a horrible experience and since then, left me with a lifelong pain and scar on a face as my identity.

The event simply happened to me when I was 10 years old. I was very mischievous and never sat peacefully for a minute in those days. It must be around 4 pm, on Saturday, I guess nowadays, the sun was sinking and I was returning to home with my playmates after playing football on the ground for long hours. As I was rushing in the front, all my friends were following me. I was coming near the garden, an impulse passed to my mind that I have to jump over the plant, a small bush of brinjal, which was by the side of our yard. This idea had come to show my heroism among my playmates. Then I jumped over the bush but alas! I stumbled on it and fell down on the floor like a log with thunderous crash. It was bleeding from mouth and forehead. Then, I was taken to health post immediately.

It was a terrible moment in the health post when I came to know that my left hand was fractured and right eye was saved from a big disaster. There was a big wound near the eye but nothing had happened to my eye. It was so bad that I had to take rest for many days. I had missed the exams in the school. I had to depend on other for my daily activities like changing the dress, eating and going to toilet. Neighbors used to come and make nasty comment about my naughty decision of jumping over the bush. They hardly express sympathy. Taking medicine, dressing the wound of eyebrow and taking complete rest were my regular activities. Anyway, time didn’t take rest; gradually I got recovered and came out from the horrible experience.

 Nowadays, whenever I see my photo or feel slightly curved my hand; I get lost in the flash back. The scar has become my identity on various official documents. Moreover, the hand pains during winter season and I have to massage frequently. I wonder how a small decision, hardly taken in a second, of jumping over the bush, has changed many pages of my life. Sometimes, I wished I had not had that incident to me.

Thus, a simple decision taken within few seconds, introduced me a terrible experience in my life giving a big suffering and lifelong memory. Though the incident was small in the beginning, it ended with a great lesson in life that trivial matter most. It was not merely an accident but made me suffer, taught me a lesson,  and gave an identity mark on the face. Nowadays, it is delighted to recall and share the incident with other and to have at least one identical mark on the face.  (Words: 552)

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment