Welcome to my World of Letters

'Hearty Welcome to my little world of Letters where I'm spontaneously spilled over in my soliloquies. The thoughts and feelings, expressed over here, are solely mine and they have nothing to do with my profession.'

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Reflecting Over 5 E Lesson Plan and My Learning Experience

 My learning of 5E Lesson Plan in my Innovative Pedagogy has given me a new insight in my teaching career. Innovative Pedagogy, as name suggests, has taught me some new ideas and I enjoy most in the class too. I think, this paper will make me strong in pedagogical knowledge.

When I heard 5 words Engagement, Explore, Explain, Elaborate and Evaluation in the class in relation to lesson plan, words were quite familiar but the concept was new to me. Madam had explained the concept clearly and had assigned the group assignment. Group assignment was first experience in the class and friends had not become so familiar too. This assignment provided me the opportunity to be familiar with friends and even making some of the friends very close. 

This time, I formed a Viber Group and arranged meetings 4/5 times at 8:30 pm. All of them collaborated in making the lesson plan. Being all stranger to each other, we were very formal. Gradually, we became familiar and completed the lesson plan collaboratively and presented well in the class too. The assignment provided the opportunity to work in the team with team spirit. Obviously, there were some problems to work in the team like arranging time for the meeting, how to choose the topic and how to work collaboratively, but we could manage it well.

Reflecting back to learning 5E lesson plan, I realized that, in our context, teacher practices only ‘Explain’ part of the 5E lesson plan in the class. They don’t go through other stages. I liked this lesson plan and felt that it is student centered and more scientific. Now, I have clearly comprehended the core concept of 5E lesson plan. I even have explained about it to my colleague in the informal meetings too. After learning this, I have realized that it is one of the most valuable learning of my STEAM Education. It has given me an insight on how we can make our classroom live and most effective. I even conducted a Workshop at my school and transferred my learning to them.

While doing my B.Ed in 2060 BS, I had learnt how to make lesson plan but I was never convinced that lesson plan can be effective in the classroom. I used to think that when you plan a lesson, many times classroom situations influence them and you cannot follow it. But, after learning 5 E lesson plans, I am sure, I can follow the steps of 5 E lessons in every class. I am convinced that it makes teaching student centered creating the productive learning environment. If I need to recall a single learning achievement from STEAM, undoubtly, I will take 5 E lesson plans.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Naveen Sir for sharing wonderful reflection on 5E lesson plan. It would be more insightful if you have explained a bit on 5Es lesson plan for those who are not aware on it can also get benefit from your reflection.

    ReplyDelete