Welcome to my World of Letters

'Hearty Welcome to my little world of Letters where I'm spontaneously spilled over in my soliloquies. The thoughts and feelings, expressed over here, are solely mine and they have nothing to do with my profession.'

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Reflecting on: ‘Why I joined STEAM?’


Managing time for study in adult age has many challenges. Apart from the economic burden, On the one hand, how to manage a personal life! Reading books, doing assignment, in this adult age, may not be a matter of pleasure. If I could not achieve a good grade, again it may hurt my ego. On the other hand, my family members also expect more time from me but after joining in STEAM, I had to compromise. Likewise, STEAM will definitely take away my social life too. I know, I cannot attend social functions of my relatives and they may misinterpret me. Similarly, I cannot give enough time to college. Some meetings will be missed there. What will be the effect? I cannot predict! Being a key person of a college administration, it was a big challenge for me to manage all. I was aware that I had busy schedule from early morning to evening (6:30 am to 5:30 pm). In this scenario, joining in the STEAM and studying as a regular student definitely needed escape velocity of determination. In this regard, I have several reasons on why I joined in STEAM education.

Firstly, reflecting back to my career, I always took my academic career and profession simultaneously. I can work in pressure. I can manage time in pressure. When I came to the field of education for my profession, study became inseparable part of my life. I always loved reading books and enjoyed. My pleasure time spends with reading books.  Joining into STEAM is its continuation.

Secondly, in recent days, social network took my most of the time and habit of reading books slightly decreased. I was fully aware that I must keep myself away from social sites. At the same time, I heard about STEAM and got some more information. I even attended some webinars and thought that it would be useful not only to continue my study habit but also to enhance my profession. Due to COVID 19 and lockdown, my school and college had shifted into virtual class and I felt that I was wasting time in Facebook and Twitter. Then, I thought of joining STEAM to utilize time and to enhance my professionalism.

Thirdly, STEAM, being new pedagogical concept, I thought, I must have its knowledge. If I do not study about it, tomorrow someone will come in my institution and starts giving lectures to me and I must listen to him as if I know nothing, for which I am not prepared. Therefore, I joined STEAM.

Fourthly, studying in the university provides opportunity to mix up with intellectuals broadening the social and intellectual horizon. I will have friend circles that will come from different successful organizations. They will be professionals and that will help me to broaden my personal Relationship.

Fifthly, the most importantly, STEAM is in virtual mode which made me possible to manage the time. Had it been in physical mode, it would not have been possible for me to go to the university as a regular student.

Sixthly, KU culture and its methods of delivering curriculum always fascinated me. I thought, it will not only teach me about STEAM education, but I will learn many more academic activities to improve my professionalism and to promote my institution. Apart from this, gaining a Degree from KU has distinct glory for me.

Last but not least, I am interested in sharing my experience, knowledge with other. May be after acquiring an authentic Degree of STEAM from KU, I can facilitate other teachers to practice STEAM in schools. I may organize training on integrated curriculum to the teachers. It will start my formal journey as a trainer. This idea of training also has tempted me to join STEAM Education.

To sum up, I have joined STEAM Education with some hopes and determination despite many hindrances and obstacles. I know, during this journey, I have to give up my comfort zone and I have to compromise with my personal, family, social and professional life. I am not sure, what shall I get after gaining STEAM Education, but I am sure that this one year journey is challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment